Are you ready to wear the Red Rash Guard?
Are you interested in being an AmpSurf™ Instructor?
Become a Certified Adaptive Surf Instructor through the Ampsurf™ Certification Program (ASICP)
*Adaptive Surf Instructor certification is good for 5 years*
Requirements for becoming an AmpSurf Instructor:
Instructors must participate in at least one AmpSurf event as an Instructor each year to maintain certification.
A current Adult/Child CPR/First Aid/AED certification is required to be on file at the AmpSurf Main office in Pismo Beach, CA to maintain certification, as well as to participate as an Instructor at an AmpSurf event.
1. Participate in at least two Ampsurf events as a water helper before or after class.
2. Complete CPR/First Aid and Water Safety certification programs offered through the Red Cross or equivalent. Copies of certificates must be submitted before ASICP certificate can be issued. If you have current copies please bring to class.
3. Complete ASICP instructor training classes. You must be there for the entire class!
4. Volunteer as a water helper at two Ampsurf Learn to Surf Clinics (before or after taking class).
5. Demonstrate significant experience and knowledge of surfing and working with people with disabilities.
6. Demonstrate the ability to work as a team player, take direction/feedback, nurture a supportive, enriching environment, and be able to get along with a variety of people & personalities.
Please bring the following to class: Wetsuit, ASICP manual, sack lunch, your current Adult/Child CPR /First Aid/AED certification card if you already have it.
To sign up please fil out the form below;